Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Harvest Moon Soup
1. Bake one acorn squash.
2. As the squash bakes chop:
1 cup carrots
3-4 stalks celery with leaves.
3. Add the onion, carrots and celery to a pot with a tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté until soft and onions are transparent.
4. Slowly add:
1 32 oz can or box of chicken or veggie broth, you may need a bit more if the barely soaks up too much.
1 can of diced tomatoes with or without chili’s
2 chopped fresh tomatoes
½ c barely
2 T chopped garlic
Herbs and spices of you’re choosing.
5. Bring the mix to a boil and let it cook until the barely and carrots are ready.
6. When the squash is ready remove from heat and de-shell, add squash to soup, heat until all is up to temperature and well blended.
7. Top with cheese and/or sour cream if desired.